Monday, November 08, 2004

the sunrise

For many, many days, I have slept late into the day, everyday missing the sunset. Today, however, even the temptation of my cozy bed was unable to lure me into going back to sleep. Today, I had been given the opportunity to look out of my window and view the sun brightening up everything that it touches. The sight is lovely, and breathtaking, and for all the days I had missed it, I feel a real loss, which brings me to think of how much we sometimes take things for granted, especially small things. Small things that add up and form a big chunk of whom we really are.

Looking at the beautiful sight I was given the chance to view, I realize that we sometimes don’t know what we really have, until and unless we see it, and until and unless we lose it. The more we get, the blinder we become, and the lesser we get the more we appreciate.

Right now, the sun is brightening up my spacious room, and I will not be blinded by it. But while it is still here, I will take it in as if this were my last day on earth, because what tomorrow brings is and will always be a mystery to me.

No comments: