I woke up in the morning, with a phone call from my maid, telling me that my mom wanted me in the kitchen. Imagine that, having to call me to wake me up. Well, I do live pretty high up. I sleep at the attic with steep stairs, so nobody really wants to come up here. I felt horrible after that phone call. I didn’t like to do things when I didn’t want to. Well, normally, I don’t really mind, but when I really don’t want to, I get really mad. I took my time to go downstairs. I didn’t want to help out with the biscuit-making, I have no mood for any of this Raya thing. When I got downstairs, I kept a straight face, and didn’t talk to anybody, but as usual, the unconditional love of a mother can really thaw a frozen heart. Things eventually got better in the kitchen, and when I was tired, I took a break.
My sister came downstairs, along with her friend who slept over the previous night. They were talking about buying clothes for Raya. I don’t want new clothes for this Raya because I have some which I had only worn for like once in the entire year, so I will wear what I already have. My mom was trying to talk my sister into going to the mall with me, but she won again of course, making me look like the best monster in the entire world. She even got my mom to side her, which I think my mom later regretted, because she was super-duper extra nice to me later in the day. I stayed home when they went out to the mall. And later in the afternoon, my mom called asking me whether or not I wanted to join them at the mall. If I had to drive, I would rather just stay home. The traffic in the vicinity of One Utama on a public holiday is terrible, and I’d anything not to be part of that traffic. But since my dad wanted to send and pick me, I thought, “why not?” so I went.
Well, OU was fine, of course. Looked at some clothes, some other stuff, and then I showed my mom the perfume set I had been eyeing on for quite some time. She thought it was a good buy, so she volunteered to use her card, and I would later pay her in installments, which was fine with me. I also talked her into loaning me another RM 33 to buy John Grisham’s, The Last Juror. Later my dad picked us up and we went home.
A friend of mine had been trying desperately to sell some of her old books to me. And since I no longer read such books (they were Sabrina The Teenage Witch series!), I told her that I would inform her if I had any prospective buyers, which I later did not get any. But coincidentally, when she asked me this time round, my sister was around and I thought she might want to by the books. And she did agree to buy the books, so I became the intermediary. That evening, I told my friend that I was coming over to collect the books and told her to wait in front of the house. My intention was only to collect the book, pay her, and go to the Pasar Ramadhan, which I got to everyday.
When I reached her house, she told me that her mom invited me in. If it was any mother, I would be alright, because I never had a problem in meeting people’s parents before. But, since my friend’s brother is my ex-boyfriend, I had second thoughts about the whole idea. I didn’t know what to do, or how to react, because if I don’t go in, it would seem rude. After all, I didn’t hurt her son, so why should I be so scared of meeting her? Perhaps I was scared because I wasn’t so sure in what my ex would think if I met his mother after the break-up. I resisted, but they insisted, and after some long thought, I felt like the act was harmless. I went in, and had some small talk, talking about everything and nothing. At a point, I felt like maybe his mom didn’t know we broke up, but I think she knows. And after a while of chit-chatting, I left, and headed for the Pasar Ramadhan.
God is kind because it rained only when I was about to leave, after all my “shopping”. I went back home, and then, after a while realized that I had forgotten to go to the Pasaraya to get tea, and the dishwasher liquid. So, I went out again. It was raining pretty badly, but since I was already out, I guess I would just go on. The traffic in Taman Tun was horrible. I never went out to that particular side of Taman Tun at the time I did yesterday, so it was something new to me. Traffic in Taman Tun. To actually get a proper parking space would be a dream come true to anybody at that time, so I opted to get out of the mess and parked at a patrol station, where I got into a bigger mess.
After buying all that I forgot to buy, I went to get my car. As I was about to squeeze in between 2 cars, I realized that my car wouldn’t fit, so I reversed, and for the life of me, I did not see the car behind me when I was reversing. All I know is suddenly, there was a thud, and I had hit his car. It was pretty bad, and I panicked. I had NEVER hit anyone like that before. Luckily, that man was pretty tolerant, and he asked for my dad’s number and my name. I went back home with a dented bumper, and a business card for my dad. His reaction was the reaction of an irritated father, so he told me to talk to my mom. I was expecting a great blow from them, but it never came. It NEVER came, which shocked me. They told me, I was at fault, but since the man himself had admitted that he shouldn’t have gone in so fast, I think to an extent, he too, felt that he was to blame. And what happened after that, I wouldn’t want to disclose. What I know is that I am shaken by this experience. Perhaps everybody else wouldn’t be as shaken as I am right now, but I just am. Driving is a pretty scary thing to do at the moment, and this morning, I was almost involved in another accident, which might have taken my life if the collision had happened. Thank God it didn’t. I am wondering now why I’m acting like some mindless idiot, who can’t even drive and I am scared. I just am. I take things that happen to me as signs of what might happen to me later. God has a way of transmitting signals to me, telling me to be careful.
I should really clear my senses, and be more alert. I should really do it, before I get myself stuck with things that I don’t want to. By the way, I love Clinique Simply. It smells like apples. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment