I’m actually kind of sleepy at the moment. I had quite a long day, waking up, cleaning the house, Dean’s birthday lunch, and then, room cleaning, then, kitchen cleaning, because some stupid cat raided the bin, and all the yucky stuffs came out. Then, playing with the cute kids 2 doors away. Then went out to look for dinner, then “the talk” with my siblings, which turned out to be fun, actually. Then, a small trip down memory lane, then, a lil’ bit of blogging, and tv and now this.
*What a summary huh?*
actually, I’m writing this because I am sort of inspired by questions asked by Ummie, a new friend of mine, which she posted in her blog. Her questions were basically on the subject HOPE.. and it caught my eye instantly..
and the answer is.. yes, I do believe in hope, but only to an extent.. only to a save extent..
Hope keeps us all alive, keeps us going, gives us a reason to live, gives us something to look forward to. Yes, hope is a good thing for all of us, it gives us life. At the moment, the song I’ll stand by you is on hitz. It’s an old song, and to an extent, this song talks about hope too. The singer is giving hope to another person, telling that other person that she will be there beside him or her, wanting nobody to hurt that person. If this song was given to me, I would certainly hope that person who gave it to stick to his or her words. But only to a certain extent. In this life, everything must be done in moderation. Fantasies and dreams are things we simply can’t help having around. It spices up our lives, and again, gives us a reason to live.
I do believe in hope, I’m actually living on it. Without it, I would perhaps be nothing right now. But I have also learnt to not hope for too much. There is a thing we call expectation, and most of the time, this is what crumbles our world, because what we expect may not necessarily come true. I hate to hope while being cautious, truthfully. I hate to think about the negative side of life when I’m having a really good time. but I have learnt now that without being cautious, I would be just as crippled as if I had no hope in the first place.. Am I making any sense do you think?
It hurts to be a pessimist sometimes. It sucks to be thinking of the bad side of things, but well, what is life without the downs, right? If we don’t go through the bitter, how are we supposed to taste the sweet? Easier said than done of course, but very, very true.
Let hope lighten up your dark days, but just in case hope burns out, make sure you have a torchlight okay? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment