When I asked for you to feel the way I did,
Did I ask for too much?
When I asked you to hold my hand when I held on to yours,
Did I hold on too tight?
When I asked you to say “I love you”,
Did I ask you to say too much?
When I wanted you to miss me just the way I did,
Did I want too much?
When I hoped that you’d call,
Did I hope too much?
When I wanted you to be around me,
Did I want you too much?
When I needed a crying shoulder,
Should I not have cried?
When I wanted to be happy with you,
Was I too happy to want you to be happy too?
When I tried to catch your attention,
Did I try too hard?
When I pretended that I didn’t care,
Was my pretending bad?
When I tried to be there for you,
Was it not enough?
When I needed nothing more than you to be mine,
Should I have not needed you?
When I wanted nothing more than you,
Was I wrong for wanting that?
No comments:
Post a Comment