Saturday, September 03, 2005

what would this life be without the smarties

I am definitely of no locus standi to make judgments of this whole situation. I do not know head and tail, but I basically know. How does it feel like to be left alone in the dark with no one to hold your hand or to back you up or to speak on your behalf? What would it really be like without any real friends in this world? What would it feel like to not be able to share anymore stupid, crazy jokes or to simply make fun of each other when there’s really nothing better to do? I have no answers, but do you?

What has happened has made me realized how much I love my friends. I don’t know what I’d do without Mummy, because she would be back me up no matter what. For every little good and bad that I am, she loves me as I am. She is the only person next to my real mother who is able to know when I am really happy or sad, without me having to tell her anything. She listens to me crap; she endures all my mood swings. She never gets tired of my stories. She calls me when she’s on her way back home, so that I don’t get worried. She checks on me when I don’t show up for class. She lets me cry without thinking I’m silly, and above all, she understands. She understands every little bit of me, without me knowing how she does it. She understands my obsession for “keropok pinggan”, she understands it when I tell her that “kaki kata ikut hati”, she understands it when I just want a break from everything and she lets me have it. And for all that she is, I love her to the bits.

I don’t know what I’d do without Jaja either. She has become somewhat of a confidante to me. I tell her practically everything. Well except of course the little details we think are unnecessary to disclose. We make fun of each other a lot. We both talk crap. We “steal” each other’s stuff and run away with them. We both suffer acute PMS, and talk like we’re fighting. We’re so close that Atong is afraid every time Jaja calls me up even if it’s not for a “mengadu” session. But despite the fact that we crap at each other, and call each other silly names, and chase each other like cats and dogs, Jaja is a 100% darling, honest. I love her to the bits too. And all because she understands- she really, really does.

Nad is my Aunt Agony. At first, I never really thought I would be good friends with her, to be honest. But we share many similar experiences. We seldom talk, but when we do, it’s as if magic has taken over. We just understand. Nad is like the baby of the family. We protect her a lot, and hate it when things happen to her. We’d do anything to hate those who hurt her (Remember masa first sem tak? Message best giler tuh, semorg hantar kat Loser? Huhuh.), because hurting other people seems to be the last thing on earth she does. So Nad may be vocal, she may express her opinions openly, but perhaps your eyes aren’t big enough to see that big, big heart of hers. And for the words that remain unsaid between us, I love you every bit.

Bats is the liberator. She always seems like the calm one. Also very blur, blur sometimes, too, hihhi, sorry darling, but sometimes it’s just like that. We don’t crap as much as Jaja and Mummy and I do, but we also understand each other. She knows when it’s “the limit” and when I need a shut down from some of the people around us. She just lets me be. That’s what Bats does that makes her so special. She just lets everyone be. And she is every little bit herself. And I love her to the bits and pieces.

The thorn among the roses. And very lovely roses too, mind you. He is my punching bag. Sometimes I tell him things I don’t tell other people. Sometimes I’m not even aware of it. He endures all my mood swings. He listens to me sing, even though I know I won’t make the cut for Malaysian Idol or even battle of the bands in campus. I drive his car like crazy. The engine will stop in the middle of the way, and I’d panic, but he tells me its okay. I never seem to get the car in the 5th gear, but he’s okay if we’re slow. I try to get the car moving up the hill, but it keeps on going down instead, and then we’d switch places as if nothing ever happened. He is Dean. The brother to all us sisters- the one who has endured all the crazy PMSes, mood swings and bingeing and screaming sessions.

To all these people who make my day-to-day life more meaningful. I love you all. You are precious treasures and I don’t think life would be anything without your friendship.
the first paragraph isn't supposed to be understood. it's just something that happened in the course of my life. currently on hols. cannot sleep. biological clock has gone haywire due to tests. huhu.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Bats the liberator".. i somehow like this nickname.. reading what u wrote touched my heart greatly! i love you u too honeystar.. this entry of yours is a tribute to us! cheersssss!

AkuSukaBelog said...

saya takde? :P

nnn said...

yeahh a tribute to the friendship that we've built since PRE LAW PART 01 okaayyy...now that's an achievement. I LOVE U TOO!!!! *sob sob*

iezu said...

one station during a treasure hunt at the camp required the team to cry. i wasn't able to, but should i've read this before hand..i know i would've. this "brother of the lovely roses" appreciates it a lot. love ya peeps lots and a thousand more time!!!

Anonymous said...

i love you too...and the others too of course!:p