Wednesday, May 25, 2005

how anger works

“One moment of anger, can cause a lifetime of regret”

I still remember this phrase, and I remember it very, very well. And to date, I still do. But of late, I had forgotten to remind myself of its’ truth. Note: in my previous post I said that I couldn’t control something. In fact I cannot control a number of things, one of them being my anger. And today, due to lack of self-control, I perhaps went overboard, way beyond the limit.

I feel like a selfish idiot, honest; and not to mention really, really foolish. Though it is something I cannot help, I know I had no right to act the way I did. Anger turned me into something I am not- it made me lose my temper; it affected my state of mind, made me overly sensitive. Probably I should just list down the whole list of negative adjectives.

But I am glad I was brought back down to earth, because now I finally realize that the source of my anger isn’t even worth any bit of my thought. And to think that I might have lost something due to all of this- makes me feel even more like an idiot. To lose something out of anger over something not worth even a second of my thought would have made me feel that my years of living was for absolutely nothing. Thank you to the one who made me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: