Thursday, October 06, 2005

happy fasting!


The fasting month has started and unlike the last, I am all psyched and excited about it. And like many, many other times, I am so excited about the pasar malam and tarawikh and buka and basically, the whole puasa-raya thing. The thing is, I am so, so used to going back home that I find myself not wanting to stay in Shah Alam during this fasting month, especially. Heheh. Yes, call me a spoilt brat for all I care, but I guess that’s what living in a boarding school for 5 long years does. It makes us appreciate home and the people in it more.

It really has been a while since the last update, and many things, more than you have ever imagined have taken place in my life and also the lives of those close to me. I might share them with you, but then again, maybe not. Some things are just meant to be kept to oneself, and I guess that’s the reason for my lack of updates of late.

I have been doing a lot of thinking for these past few weeks (as if I ever stopped thinking to start off with!) and I think that this life is so full of many unpredictable, unexpected, indescribable events that are bound to make us change and think and do many things we never imagined we would do.

What I can conclude from my many days of silence from my little space here is:

- That patience really does pay off
- That people may never know what they’ve got until it’s really gone
-That it’s difficult when you’ve lost yourself in the course of you life, because to get it back seems like a great big impossibility.
-That it is tough living in a world where your every move is controlled, and that you have no such thing as personal liberty and freedom.
-That some people can be so mentally distorted that it’s scary.
-That it’s tough when you know your weakness but find difficulty in remedying it
-That tomorrow might not be what you want it to be, that perhaps we shouldn’t make too many plans for fear of hurt and frustration
-That people nowadays are doing things, jobs especially, without a speck of passion in their lungs. It’s all about the money now.
-And that perhaps, I should have taken up TESL instead of law, because cases are making me sick and every assignment I have has been turned into an experiment with words, instead of facts, haha

Alright now people. I am off. I need to go do my assignments and a whole load of other stuff. Selamat berpuasa, berbuka and bertarawikh to all.


1 comment:

signither said...

happy fasting!! jgn ponteng2 eh.. huhu..