Sunday, November 19, 2006

Christchurch, he we come!

We arrived in Sydney around 1130am. A lot later than we expected, obviously. Got some info on how to get around Sydney and we finally decided to take the train. We headed for Circular Quay (pronounced like Key) and that’s where the Harbour is. Took a ferry all the way to Darling Harbour, where we actually missed a stop. But we managed to get off and took a walk into the town. We were trying to find some fish and fat chips but to no avail. Finally had some fillet o fish at Mc D. There I saw Teds Shoe Repair. He seems to be every where. I also saw TGV, which is not a cinema, thank you. It happens to be a shopping mall called The Galleries Victoria.



Actually, we were on the lookout for Paddy’s Market where they sold branded goods for a really good price. But due to time constraint, we couldn’t go walking around much for fear of missing the flight.

We took the ferry back to Circular Quay and walked really fast; more like run really to the Opera House. Pictures don’t look that good to be honest because it was daytime and the roofs of the Opera House is unfortunately white and lighted only at night (obviously). But we had fun anyways. We ran back to the train station, and saw some aborigines making music along the way. They’re actually quite good as they even sold CDs. Didn’t buy one though. We just gave them coins.


in front of the Opera House

blown by the wind on the ferry

with mama at the harbour

musical aborigines



We hopped back onto the train to International Airport station. It was only 4 something in the evening, I think but the queue to check in New Zealand Air was already long. We had to wait for quite a while. The lady behind the counter was kind enough to get us seats where we could sit together. At least we didn’t have to sit next to a workaholic or a grumpy old man anymore. I watched Monster House in the plane, and dozed off a little while after they served us yummy vegetables with a samosa.

All I can remember from this particular flight is that the taxi was so long; the longest I’ve experienced so far. I think it’s as far as from KL-Shah Alam or something. The flight took 2 hours and 40 minutes. Christchurch, here we come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u were here in sydney? u didn't tell! :P

Anonymous said...

u were here in sydney? u didn't tell! :P